Southern California Edison
Image Quality Detection Platform
- Build end-to-end platform that picks up third-party provided images of electric poles to detect the quality of the image for further downstream consumptions.
- Various AI models are applied to detect various aspects:
- Structure Detection
- Tags Deciphering
- Angle detection
- Once the quality of the images are determined to be adequate, channel these images for anomaly detection and other downstream analytics.
- Added functionality to detect & decipher tags on these electric poles
- Various AI models were developed to recognize the backgrounds of the tags and then decipher vertically written alphanumeric characters.
- Developed master pipeline that
- processes all images,
- branches to appropriate data pipelines based on the types of objects detected in the image
- invokes appropriate AI models on the image
- persists all outcomes into appropriate folders for validations by humans.
Technologies Used: TensorFlow, Google Vertex AI, Google AI Platform, Google Kubernetes Services, Azure Data Factory, Azure Function Apps, CosmosDB